Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Appreciate Your Dance

" He who cannot dance will say " The drum is bad." - Ashanti
One of the four determinants of emotional intelligence is self-knowledge, but some of us lack the practice in developing it. I have often said that when I become excessively angry about something I'm usually wrong! In some way, I have overlooked my own errors or made excuses for them. Self-knowledge is freeing, because we can give up the idea of perfection, and choose something better. What could be better than perfection? The answer is innovation or surprise. A relationship becomes vibrant and energized by something new and different, while still acknowledging the partner's ritual behaviors. Self-knowledge helps us to develop our own dance, and then to love self because of all those graceful moves we can make! What do you appreciate about your own dance?

No comments:

Post a Comment